This story never gets old. A while back, I had to make a tough choice. Girlfriend’s cousin’s 21st birthday in Vegas, or San Diego Comic Con? I chose the comic con, and because of my indecision, I was only able to get passes for that Sunday. This was back in 2008. I vowed to never make that mistake again. (And on that note, who the fuck schedules anything during Comic Con that’s not Comic or pop culture related? AWAY FROM SAN DIEGO?! Some people deserve roundhouse kicks to the head. Multiple times.) Unfortunately, my girlfriend then decided that it was time to call it quits, and we broke up…wait, that was exactly 4 years ago today. Holy shit, time flies.
Nowadays, I find myself at the helm of a comic solutions group that’s full of ideas. I’m also writing for the Korea Daily magazine and kkonnect.net. I’ve met tons of amazing people and there’s no sign of stopping. I’m happy, I can legitimately say that.
Now while Rolando works on the Strawberry Scented Burnout: Taekwondo manhwa and Beau works on Strawberry Scented Burnout: Chapter 1, I’d like to take a few moments to say thanks to my team. I’m only sorry that the application process didn’t go as smoothly as I’d hoped. I don’t know what happened during the application process, but I’ll try my hardest next year, so Justin and Eileen, I’m willing to go through that application process again with you guys. Hell, it’ll be my turn to reverify, so I’ll be in the same boat :P.
Back to more pressing business:
- I’m still working on my comic con schedule. I’m probably gonna be networking and trying to show the comic off. Any panels you’d like to see covered?
- Parties? I figure Eileen will know where to go, so check out her guide.
- I’m gonna get a California Burrito and drink at Lolita’s Bar with Captain Justy.
- Planning on acting stupid with my friends. Like always.
- Stupid Networking? In the industry lounge? IT’S A LOT EASIER THAN I THINK.
- I’ll be wearing my bunny ears. Just like always. Be sure to say hi if you see me!
- So yeah, Team Mixed Nuts will try its best to cover the Comic Con. We can’t cover everything, even with our 4-man infiltration squad.
Real talk though, there’s probably gonna be plenty of this.
In closing, I just want to say thank you. You people inspire me to keep doing what I’m doing, ‘cuz I’d rather live my life as a proud geek than a caged bird.