It’s 11:30 PM, I’ve been up playing resident evil 6 and I’ve eaten a few drumstick ice cream cones. That probably means that I’m in perfect shape to talk about real geekery, right!? Sure, of course it does.
In the beginning, Strawberry Scented Burnout began as a webcomic. Since then, I’ve met a TON of people that have shaped the project into something much, much bigger. And now my foot’s asleep. I’ve really gotta clean out that desk of mine. Anyway, we’re comin’ back bigger, badder, and hopefully under the influence of sugar and adrenaline.
There are a ton of geek blogs out there, and they all are good in their own ways. Strawberry Scented Burnout (hereafter “SSB”) is gonna be different from all the others. Why?
- Soul. Most blogs out there are just cogs in the machine. They hype up a product and move on to the next big thing. Like gears. Or a conveyor belt with a bunch of hot dogs on it. Not us. Our writers genuinely give a shit about the stuff we write about. For better or worse.
- Webcomic, when we get around to it. Making a webcomic is tough shit. Art is pretty fuckin’ hard to come by. Interested in drawing for us? Drop me a line. Serious. The stuff we do have is pretty fuckin’ amazing.
- Variety. Videogames. Manga. Anime. Sure we cover the triple-threat of the otaku world, but we don’t stop there. Cars? We got that. MMA? That too. Laundry? Yeah, we got that too. That reminds me….
- Representin’ that SD flavor. San Diego is a great city, vibrant and full of geeky charm. There’s a reason why the SD Comic Con happens here every year. Our people will bring you what’s geeky, flavorful, yummy, and pretty and stick it into your USB drive and smoke it.
- Courage. Some of the shit we write about may strike a chord, piss people off, offend, annoy, or bewilder some of you. Well, the world isn’t exactly made out of chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream now is it? Or we could be IGN….NO WAIT WE’RE NOT.
I can’t apologize enough for the inactivity these past few weeks. We’re comin’ back roaring. Serious.