Time to get this outta the way.
Name’s Francis, and I’m the CEO of “Strawberry Scented Burnout”, the internet’s fusion of geekery and testosterone-fueled fighting articles. I was born in March of 1983, making me at that age where having kids and settling down seems to be the norm. I went to Catholic schools from Kindergarten all the way through High School. Did it shape me into who I am now? Yeah, I’ll say it did. Made me pretty tolerant of many religions. Go figure. I also developed an affinity for all things anime and manga in 7th grade, and I developed a nasty case of Chuunibyou.
High school was a fun time. It had a rocky start to be fair, but I discovered something. My Playstation, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, and Tekken 3. I joined taekwondo not long after that, and I got my self-confidence back. The rest of it was filled with all sorts of madcap adventures that I’ll tell you all about…..eventually.
Right now, I don’t have kids. At least not to my knowledge. I’m pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking at Coleman University. Yeah, I would’ve gotten that thing a little sooner, but a little thing got in the way, something called college.
When I look back on it, my college career’s been filled with all sorts of madness:
- Getting an associate’s degree by accident
- Becoming the president of a Judo Club and Anime Club
- Dating a cray-cray girl for 5 years and living to tell the tale
- Joining the AFROTC
- Working at Sears, an Acura dealership, a software company, and now Jack in the Box
- Learning Judo, Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Boxing, and surviving it all.
- Taking classes ranging from graphic design to auto repair
- Becoming part of the SDAFF/Pacific Arts Movement
- Writing for the Korea Daily/KKonnect
- Joining up with Anime Conji as their volunteer coordinator, and now, SPJA/AX.
- And to top it all off….making this webmangazine come to life.
It’s been one helluva ride, and I can only wonder what lies in store for me ahead. You’ll be coming along, won’t you?